Workshops at React Summit Remote Edition
Hands-on workshops will be run remotely via Zoom.
Workshops are targeted both at React newbies and hardcore fans. Take full advantage of your remote conference experience and get training from our best speakers and trainers.
The workshops listed below are not included in Full ticket and should be bought separately. We'll be happy to provide a 15% discount in case you buy 3 and more workshop tickets. Just email us.
Fullstack GraphQL Workshop
Want to learn GraphQL but you’re not sure where to get started? Get a solid foundation in this hands-on workshop.
In this course, we'll learn everything you need to know to build fullstack applications with GraphQL. We’ll focus on the query language and learn to build GraphQL schemas. Then we'll build our own GraphQL servers with Node.js that can answer questions that originate with any client. Then, we’ll build a client-side application with Apollo Client and React.
Throughout the course, all topics will be reinforced with hands-on lab activities.
- - GraphQL Query Language
- - GraphQL Schema Language
- - Apollo Server
- - Unions & Interfaces
- - Apollo Client
- - Apollo & React
- - Scaling GraphQL Solutions with Federation
Date - April 8-9, 17:00-21:00 CET. Remote
Design Systems in React
This is a hands-on workshop for React developers in which you will learn how to define a common language for collaboration and iterate on products faster.
We will start with the important questions of Why and When. While design systems encompass tools and processes for everyone in the company, we will focus on the code side of it - Platform agnostic design tokens and a component library in React that can be used in products and can evolve as teams use it.
- - I
- - What are the moving pieces of a design system
- - How to define a design system for your company
- - Doing an inventory of your existing products or on-going design concept
- - II
- - Systemize brand attributes and design decisions into tokens
- - Creating a technology agnostic library of reusable tokens
- - Starting a component library with primitives that serve as building blocks
- - Combining primitives to build advanced compound components
- - III
- - Defining a consistent, easy to use API across your components
- - Formalise the definition and usage guidelines - strict vs flexible
- - Testing your component library - visual and behavior
- - Distributing your system with versioning and backward compatibility
- - IV
- - Creating a implementation strategy and publishing a long-term roadmap
- - Getting buy-in and driving adoption in your company
- - Common roadblocks that you might hit
Working knowledge of React would go a long way.
Dates: April 12-13, 16:00-20:00 CET. Remote
Advanced, Fancy TypeScript
More and more projects are using TypeScript. This workshop will provide a deep dive into the language, and basic TypeScript knowledge is assumed. We will briefly discuss the design philosophy of TypeScript, and then cover all the lesser-known or harder features. That is: do all the cool and weird meta programming stuff (TS is turing complete!) and learn the tricks you won't find in the handbook.
So join if you feel like you're writing too much type annotations to make TypeScript happy! We'll dive deep into how type inference and control flows works, and how you can make the compiler work for you. We'll discuss all the fancier language constructs like:
- ReturnType<>, Parameters<>
- typeof, keyof
- Mapped types
- Function overloading
- Discrimination unions
- Type guards and type assertions
- (Variadic) tuple types
Dates: April 19-20, 16:00-20:00 CET. Remote
Hybrid Cloud Development with Next.js, AWS, and Tailwind
In this workshop you’ll learn how to build highly scalable cloud APIs with AWS and integrate them with Next.js and style them using Tailwind CSS.
We’ll build out a multi-user blogging platform, implementing a database with DynamoDB, authentication with Amazon Cognito, and a GraphQL API with AWS AppSync and connect to the app from the Next.js client using AWS Amplify. Users will be able to edit and delete their own posts as well as add rich media like cover images using Amazon S3.
By the end of the workshop, you should have a good understanding of how to build full stack apps on AWS with Next.js and AWS Amplify.
Date - April 6-7, 17:00-21:00 CET both days. Remote.
- Modern training course from the first class industry experts
- Small sized groups for maximum individual reach
- A focus on practical exercises, so you'll learn by doing
- Our friendly team on hand to answer your questions
Whether you're looking for skills to help you level up at work, get a promotion, or make yourself more competitive on the job market, our full-day and 3-hour workshops taught by the industry experts are tailored to get you there. Skyrocketing frameworks will make you a developer in demand. Release full potential of the technology to discover new exciting career opportunities!
Investing just 8 hours into your employees' development can result in a sufficient performance improvement. Let's say, 10 of your engineers attend a full-day workshop. In the next year, they will put in approximately 20,000 hours of work for your company. If after the workshop their performance improves by only 1%, your organization in return will gain 200 hours of work. Impressive outcome after one training day only!